Faculty Seminar: Financial Details - Terms & Conditions
The 2016 seminar fee amounts to EUR 1,880* and includes the following:
* In September 2015 the average exchange rate approximated 1.10 USD. Current exchange rates are
- Academic program (all lectures, site visits, study tours, and seminar materials)
- Accommodation (based on double occupancy, single rooms are available for an extra fee of EUR 205)
- Breakfast and lunch or dinner daily
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Public transportation pass for Berlin city and transportation to included activities
- Entrance fees for all included excursions
- On-site representative
The 2016 seminar fee does not include
- the cost of international airfare
- the third meal per day as well as beverages
- international departure taxes
- International Teacher I.D. Card
- excess baggage charges
- check or money transfer
- any incidental expenses
- spending money
Participants will be invoiced for the full seminar fee upon acceptance
into the program. A EUR 150 application fee is due at the time of
application. The application fee is applied towards the total program
cost of EUR 1,880 (resp. 2,085).
Other payment deadlines are as follows:
Studienforum Berlin accepts payment by personal or institutional check
in USD (made payable to STUDIENFORUM BERLIN E.V.), or international
money transfer in EUR. In case you send a personal or institutional
check, please add the processing fee of the USD equivalent of EUR
19,50. Credit cards are NOT accepted (in Germany, unfortunately,
non-profit institutions are not allowed to use credit cards). Transfer
resp. bank costs have to be taken by the participants.
- April 10, 2016: First payment of EUR
1,000 (resp. 1,085).
- May 15, 2016: Second payment of EUR 880 (resp. 1,000).
The respective current exchange
rate between the US Dollar and
the Euro is available
International Bank Connection:
||Deutsche Postbank AG
Postfach. 10866 Berlin,
|Bank’s swift code:
||Studienforum Berlin e.V., Hauptstrasse 74, 12159 Berlin, Germany
|IBAN of Studienforum Berlin e.V.:
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
you cancel from the seminar, you must notify STUDIENFORUM BERLIN E.V.
in writing about your withdrawal from the seminar. Cancellations are
effective only upon the date of receipt of written notification.
- Withdrawal before May 1, 2016: All but EUR 100 will be refunded.
- Withdrawal between May 2 and
May 15, 2016: All but 25 % will be refunded.
- Withdrawal between May 16 and May 31,
2016: All but 50 % will be refunded.
- Withdrawal between June 1 and June 15,
2016: All but 75 % will be refunded.
- Withdrawal after June 15,
2016: No money will be
No partial refunds will be given for unused meals, hotel rooms, airport transfers etc., for any reason whatsoever.
Since international airfare is not included in the seminar fee all
participants are responsible for making their own international flight
reservations. University faculty and administrators are typically
eligible for reduced airfares through certain student travel
organizations such as:
This program is based on group arrangements involving a minimum number
of 15 and a maximum number of 20 participants. In the unlikely case
that the seminar is cancelled (due to low enrollment or any other
reason), STUDIENFORUM BERLIN E.V. will refund all payments received but
will have no further liability to the participant. Please note that
under no circumstances is STUDIENFORUM BERLIN E.V. responsible for any
flight cancellation or flight change charges incurred.
For further information or questions please