Terms and Conditions
STUDIENFORUM BERLIN's responsibilities include
academic and non-academic components of the programs in Berlin:
- the provision and organization of the academic programs
- the administrative contacts
to the language school and to the
private and public institutions providing internships
transportion of the students and accompanying faculty from and to the airport or
- the provision of accommodation and the arrangement
of program features such as the visit of sites in the Berlin/Potsdam area.
- the organization of leisure activities including ticket
reservations for cultural events and social gatherings
organization of optional travel to cultural, political and historical important
places outside of the Berlin/Potsdam area.
The on-site administrator of the STUDIENFORUM BERLIN programs is
For many years she has been a senior lecturer at the Freie Universitšt Berlin in educational
science and has lived in the United States for quite some time. She administers
the orientation program and assists students regarding any
problems that may arise during their stay in Berlin. In addition, she assists faculty members
prepared to support students in making their stay in Berlin a successful and unforgettable
This is the schedule of payment for STUDIENFORUM
BERLIN's different programs. See also the terms of enrollment below:
Studienforum Berlin has German
and International Bank Connections
(for electronic payments in
EUR resp. in USD). The respective
current USD - EUR exchange
rate is available
here.). Please inquire to get the accounts information here.
Conditions of Enrollment
- STUDIENFORUM BERLIN's programs consist of 4 to 8 weeks
German Language Programs, a 16-weeks Semester Program, 4- to 12-weeks Internship
Programs as well as occasional Faculty Seminars (10 days).
- Before enrolling for the program students must make sure that there are no immigration
residence restrictions regarding their participation.
- Application fee--EUR 150. Payment of this fee is due with each student's
enrollment in one of STUDIENFORUM BERLIN's programs. EUR 50 is an
administrative cost and not refundable. EUR 100 of this fee will be balanced
with the total payment of the program.
- The student is personally responsible for taking
health and accident insurance. If desired, a third-party liability insurance
can be obtained; for an internship liability insurance is mandatory. A proof of health
insurance is required, for example by presenting a copy of the insurance
policy or the insurance card. (It is possible that students get an
affordable package including health, accident and liability insurance
through STUDIENFORUM BERLIN.
- Should a student be wholly or partly unable to attend the program for
personal reasons (e.g. illness, residential restrictions, professional or
personal commitments), she/he shall have no claim to a reimbursement of the
- The program fee has to be paid in advance, 50 % 42 days before the starting date of the
respective program; the other 50 % 21 days before the starting
date. Transfer resp. bank costs or fees have to be taken by the partner
institutions or the participants of the programs.
- If a student cancels an application at least ten
weeks prior to the start of any program STUDIENFORUM BERLIN will claim only
of the application fee of EUR 150.
- Withdrawal from the program is possible, but a request must be submitted in
The date of withdrawal is determined by the receipt of the request at the office of the STUDIENFORUM
BERLIN e.V. In this case STUDIENFORUM BERLIN e.V. reserves the
right to retain:
30 % of the total for withdrawals received up to 35 days before starting
50 % of the total for withdrawals received up to 21 days before starting date
75 % of the total for withdrawals received up to 14 days before starting date.
- STUDIENFORUM BERLIN e.V. reserves the right to cancel a program if there is
not sufficient enrollment in this class. In this case all prepaid fees will be
Court of jurisdiction is
Terms and conditions
are subject to change!
For more information please send